Crews were called to help an “elderly” resident whose microwave was on fire in their home.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Firefighters went out to a property in Barley Lands, Aldeburgh, just before 2am this morning.

The resident was said to have been unable to isolate the appliance’s electricity supply.

The fire was confined to the microwave which was removed and put out by 2.15am. Crews then reassured the resident and checked the home.

No-one was injured in the fire and crews returned to their stations by 2.25am.

1 comment

  • This is not news ! A fire in a microwave contained inside the microwave ! I had a flood in my sink but it wasn't reported in the Ipswich Star and i live in Ipswich , not Aldeburgh !

    Report this comment

    Poppys Dad

    Sunday, December 22, 2013