Ampton: Three fire crews tackle chimney blaze
PUBLISHED: 07:33 03 December 2012
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a chimney blaze at a house in Ampton.
The incident at a house in The Street was reported at 11pm last night and a crew from Bury St Edmunds Fire Station was sent out.
The crew arrived a few minutes later and quickly called for support after finding that the flames had spread from the chimney to other parts of the house.
A spokesman said: “Two further appliances from Bury were mobilised. At 11.20pm the crews stated they were continuing to fight the fire using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.
“At 11.36pm the crews believed the fire to be extinguished but continued to work to ensure no further fire spread.”
The crews had returned to their base by 1.11am.