Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 22°C

min temp: 16°C

ESTD 1874 Search

Ampton: Three fire crews tackle chimney blaze

07:33 03 December 2012

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a chimney blaze at a house in Ampton.

The incident at a house in The Street was reported at 11pm last night and a crew from Bury St Edmunds Fire Station was sent out.

The crew arrived a few minutes later and quickly called for support after finding that the flames had spread from the chimney to other parts of the house.

A spokesman said: “Two further appliances from Bury were mobilised. At 11.20pm the crews stated they were continuing to fight the fire using two breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet.

“At 11.36pm the crews believed the fire to be extinguished but continued to work to ensure no further fire spread.”

The crews had returned to their base by 1.11am.

0 comments

RAF Honington - Barnham Camp.

A 62-year-old motorcyclist who died at the scene of a two vehicle collision near RAF Barnham on Thursday has been named as Peter Hancock from Sudbury.

Made in Dagenham's Daniella Bowen and cast. Photo: Mark Sepple

It’s been nearly 50 years since women workers at Ford’s Dagenham plant went on strike for equal rights, writes Wayne Savage.

Do you know this man? Police have released an e-fit image following a burglary in Braintree

Police have released an e-fit image of a man they want to speak to in connection to a burglary in Braintree.

Ipswich Crown Court

A father stabbed by his son more than 30 times during a row about a printer has asked a court for a restraining order banning all contact between them to be reinstated.

Fire Service Stock Pictures

A fire engine from Ipswich’s Princes Street station was called to extinguish a fire in a pile of rubbish this morning.

People in Earl Soham are concerned about the erosion of their village green.

It is the proud centrepiece of many an English village - but in one Suffolk community it is disappearing by the day.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service image.

Firefighters were called earlier this morning to a gas cooker fire at The Anchor pub, Walberswick.

Most read

Great Days Out

cover

Click here to view
the Great Days Out
supplement

View

Most commented

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Streetlife

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

MyDate24 MyPhotos24