Aspall: Airing cupboard fire put out by Debenham firefighters
11:32 13 February 2014
Firefighters from Debenham were called out to an incident in Aspall last night.
The crew was called just before 1am after a woman called saying her fire alarm had gone off.
On arrival the crew found a small fire in an airing cupboard which had broken through from the chimney breast behind.
They used chimney gear, small gear and a thermal imaging camera to investigate and then removed floorboards and brickwork to gain access to a wooden beam involved in the fire.
The fire was extinguished just before 3pm.