Bardwell: Listed building hit by ‘substantial’ fire

Fire crews from Newmarket attended the incident Fire crews from Newmarket attended the incident

Sunday, June 29, 2014
3:02 PM

Firefighters were called to take care of a blaze which started in the chimney of a Grade II listed building near Bury St Edmunds this afternoon.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

The fire started at a property in Low Street, Bardwell, just before 1pm.

Fire crews from Ixworth and Elmswell were called to the scene, where they discovered that a blaze, described as “substantial” had broken out behind an inglenook fireplace.

Crews used various chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire, bringing the flames under control by 1.48pm.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Anglian Daily Times visitors.


We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Anglian Daily Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?


Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Anglian Daily Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT