September 18 2014 Latest news:
Sunday, June 29, 2014
Firefighters were called to take care of a blaze which started in the chimney of a Grade II listed building near Bury St Edmunds this afternoon.
The fire started at a property in Low Street, Bardwell, just before 1pm.
Fire crews from Ixworth and Elmswell were called to the scene, where they discovered that a blaze, described as “substantial” had broken out behind an inglenook fireplace.
Crews used various chimney gear and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire, bringing the flames under control by 1.48pm.