December 11 2013 Latest news:
Monday, September 16, 2013
Eight people, including two children, were taken to hospital after a garage fire yesterday.
The casualties suffered smoke inhalation when the blaze broke out at a garage at a property in St Andrews Road, Boreham, near Chelmsford at around 6.05pm yesterday.
They were taken to Broomfield Hospital, an East of England Ambulance spokesman said. He added no serious of life-threatening injuries were sustained in the incident.
He said: “Eight casualties in total [were] treated and conveyed to Broomfield Hospital for smoke inhalation.”
An Essex County Fire and Service spokesman said two children were treated for smoke inhalation.
He said the cause of the fire was accidental.