Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 3°C

min temp: 1°C

Search

Bury St Edmunds: Men arrested in connection to death of Tracey Hammond face no further police action

PUBLISHED: 15:51 19 February 2014 | UPDATED: 18:08 19 February 2014

Two men arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Bury St Edmunds will face no further action, police said.

Two men arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Bury St Edmunds will face no further action, police said.

Two men arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Bury St Edmunds will face no further action, police said.

Tracey Hammond, 38, was found dead at a property in Anselm Avenue on October 27 last year.

A 49-year-old man and a 22-year-old man both from Bury St Edmunds were arrested on suspicion of murder and subsequently released on police bail.

But police have today said an investigation in to the circumstances of her death has so far resulted in the conclusion that her death was not suspicious.

The bail of the two men has been cancelled and they will face no further action.

A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Following her death a Home Office post mortem examination was carried out and the cause of death was unascertained, with further tests being required.

“An additional independent post mortem examination and toxicology tests have now been conducted and the formal cause of death established as an acute subdural haematoma.

“A major investigation into the circumstances of Tracey’s death has, to date, resulted in the conclusion that her death was not suspicious.

“A file will now be passed to HM Coroner for the purposes of initiating inquest proceedings.

“As such the bail of the two men has been cancelled and they will face no further action. “

A Shotley father with five drink-driving convictions has been jailed for 36 weeks after taking his mother’s car without consent and crashing it into a hedge.

Snow could fall in parts of Suffolk this morning as temperatures dropped overnight.

Trains between London and Norwich are being cancelled this morning as a result of engineering work not having been completed on time.

Police and firefighters were called to a suspected arson attack in Carlton Colville in the early hours of this morning.

Police are searching for a 52-year-old man from Leavenheath who has been reported missing.

Police have arrested a 66-year-old man in connection with an incident that caused armed officers to swoop on Ipswich town centre tonight.

Highways bosses have announced they will be carrying out a series of improvements to the road network across Suffolk and north Essex this week.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View

London Boat Show 2018

cover

Click here to view
London Boat
Show supplement

View

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24