Thursday, April 17, 2014
11:16 AM

Emergency crews were sent to a fire in Bury St Edmunds this morning.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Two engines from Bury were called to the incident, a building fire in Rougham Road, at 7.20am.

A fire in a waste paper bin on a balcony had spread in to the building.

The fire was brought under control at 7.39am, and was initially suspected as an arson attack, but police, who were called to the scene at about 7.45am, said the cause of fire was a cigarette butt in the bin, and was no longer being treated as suspicious.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT