August 2 2014 Latest news:
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Two men arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead in Bury St Edmunds will face no further action, police said.
Tracey Hammond, 38, was found dead at a property in Anselm Avenue on October 27 last year.
A 49-year-old man and a 22-year-old man both from Bury St Edmunds were arrested on suspicion of murder and subsequently released on police bail.
But police have today said an investigation in to the circumstances of her death has so far resulted in the conclusion that her death was not suspicious.
The bail of the two men has been cancelled and they will face no further action.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “Following her death a Home Office post mortem examination was carried out and the cause of death was unascertained, with further tests being required.
“An additional independent post mortem examination and toxicology tests have now been conducted and the formal cause of death established as an acute subdural haematoma.
“A major investigation into the circumstances of Tracey’s death has, to date, resulted in the conclusion that her death was not suspicious.
“A file will now be passed to HM Coroner for the purposes of initiating inquest proceedings.
“As such the bail of the two men has been cancelled and they will face no further action. “