December 10 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
A house blaze caused by an electrical box fire was tackled by firefighters overnight.
Three fire engines were called following reports smoke was billowing from a house in to Ullswater, Carlton Colville, near Lowestoft, at around 3.35am.
An external electrical box had caught alight and flames had spread to the property.
The blaze was extinguished by 4.55am.
A Suffolk police spokesman said there were no reports of any injuries.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “The fire had spread to the cavity and smoke was issuing from the eaves.
“Firefighters worked to cut away the eaves and remove roof tiles and used a thermal image camera to ensure fire was extinguished.”