Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 19°C

min temp: 16°C

ESTD 1874 Search

Clacton: Coastline search launched for missing Ronald King who left the Travelodge hotel on Friday to go out in his dinghy

Ronald King, 63, who was last seen in Clacton on May15

Ronald King, 63, who was last seen in Clacton on May15

Archant

A missing man last seen with an inflatable dinghy has prompted widespread searches along the north Essex coastline.

shares

Ronald King, 63, was last seen on Friday (May 15) afternoon at a seafront cafe in Clacton close to the pier.

Mr King, who uses a mobility scooter, was carrying a blue inflated dinghy and oars.

He had told staff at the Travelodge hotel in Jackson Road, where he lives permanently, he was going out in his boat.

Mr King was reported missing yesterday by hotel staff after he did not return. He also failed to attend church on Sunday.

Det Insp Jim White from Essex Police, who is leading the search said: “We are extremely concerned for Mr King’s welfare and there have been no sightings of his since he left the Atlanta Café.

“The police helicopter has carried out a search of the coastline but there has been no trace of Mr King or the dinghy. We are also checking other places where he liked to go but there have been no sightings.

“We have appealed for help from the public and would like to hear from anyone who saw Mr King after he left the café.”

Searches have been carried out from Harwich to Brightlingsea along the coastline, and police cannot rule out Mr King being taken out to sea.

However it is not known for certain whether Mr King went to sea or not.

Anyone with information should contact police at Clacton on 101.

shares

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Anglian Daily Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Anglian Daily Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Anglian Daily Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Travellers reportedly arrived in Grange Farm, Kesgrave on June 15.

Work to move travellers on from parkland in Grange Farm, Kesgrave, is due to continue today, more than two weeks after travellers first arrived.

Philip Heathcote.

It has been confirmed that Philip Heathcote, 52, of Felixstowe, is among the British fatalities of Friday’s Sousse beach shooting.

People enjoy the hot weather  in Christchurch Park in Ipswich - 
Marcelo, Madison, Carla and Leighton Stavolo

There are fears dehydration, heat exhaustion and even heat stroke could put added pressure on heath services this week as temperatures are set to rise to 32C.

Fire at Medi Plinth, Ipswich

A key area of Ipswich went into in lockdown today after a fire broke out at a factory.

New homes are needed in Suffolk Coastal

Community leaders are to carry out a radical shake-up of how they deal with planning matters to streamline and speed-up the decision-making system.

The robbery happened at The White Hart Hotel in High Street, Newmarket

A young member of staff at The White Hart Hotel was attacked during a late-night robbery in which thousands of pounds in cash was stolen.

Bikes stolen

Police are looking for the owners of a number of pedal cycles after they were seized from an address in Stowmarket earlier this month.

Stuart Cullen, from the Lowestoft area, who has died in the terrorist attack in Tunisia.

A community in shock has today continued to its pay heartfelt tributes to a man from the Lowestoft area killed in the Tunisia terrorist slaughter.

Mounted police officers patrol on the beach of  Sousse, Tunisia - AP Photo/Abdeljalil Bounhar)

Suffolk Police has confirmed that the 52-year-old, from the Lowestoft area, was killed in the shootings in the tourist resort of Sousse on Friday.

Police examining a scene in Clacton the day after the murder.

A man has pleaded guilty to murdering his ex-girlfriend’s father in a late night attack in Clacton.

Most read

Most commented

Topic pages