Colchester: Man is led to safety following fire at flat
PUBLISHED: 16:12 13 December 2012
A MAN has been led to safety from his first-floor flat by firefighters after a blaze broke out in a bedroom.
Then fire service was called at 2.19pm to St Peter’s Street, Colchester. Two crews from Colchester and one from Coggeshall attended reporting on arrival 20% of the flat was alight and the whole of the property was heavily smoke-logged.
The blaze was extinguished entirely by 2.46pm by firefighters using four sets of breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets.