FIREFIGHTERS have extinguished a blaze at the YMCA building in Magdalen Street, Colchester.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

The fire in the first-floor flat was reported to the fire service just after 2am.

On arrival the officer in charge reported that one flat was well alight and that the first-floor of the three-storey building was heavily smoke logged.

Wearing breathing apparatus and using two hose reel jets crews had extinguished the fire by 2.51am.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT