December 10 2013 Latest news:
Monday, September 23, 2013
Firefighters were called to a fast food shop in Colchester last night after a fire broke out in a grill in the kitchen.
Two crews from Colchester were sent to the Southern Fried Chicken takeaway, in Queen Street, at about 9.30pm yesterday.
One hose reel was used to extinguish the blaze and a high pressure fan was then used to clear the shop of smoke.
The incident was dealt with just after 9.45pm.
A fire service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental.