Colchester: Woman in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Friday, June 13, 2014
6:58 AM

A woman described as “elderly” was overcome by fumes after it is believed she breathed in carbon monoxide.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

The incident happened in a house in Queen Mary Avenue, Colchester at around 4am.

An ambulance spokesman said: “She was taken to Colchester General for further assessment, although her condition wasn’t thought to be life threatening.”

Fire crews had also been called.

Earlier on at just after 8.20pm last night, firefighters were tasked to a home in Enid Way, Colchester.

A woman, believed to be in her 90s, suffered from shock after breathing in smoke coming from a kitchen fire.

The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered oxygen to the woman before ambulance staff arrived.

An ambulance spokesman said the woman was left in the care of her family after suffering minor smoke inhalation.

Firefighters then cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.

0 comments

Comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Anglian Daily Times visitors.


We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Anglian Daily Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Forgotten your password?


Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Anglian Daily Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT