Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 18°C

min temp: 15°C

ESTD 1874 Search

Colchester: Woman in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning

06:58 13 June 2014

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Firefighters have been to incidents in Colchester

Archant

A woman described as “elderly” was overcome by fumes after it is believed she breathed in carbon monoxide.

The incident happened in a house in Queen Mary Avenue, Colchester at around 4am.

An ambulance spokesman said: “She was taken to Colchester General for further assessment, although her condition wasn’t thought to be life threatening.”

Fire crews had also been called.

Earlier on at just after 8.20pm last night, firefighters were tasked to a home in Enid Way, Colchester.

A woman, believed to be in her 90s, suffered from shock after breathing in smoke coming from a kitchen fire.

The fire was out on arrival but firefighters administered oxygen to the woman before ambulance staff arrived.

An ambulance spokesman said the woman was left in the care of her family after suffering minor smoke inhalation.

Firefighters then cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Anglian Daily Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Anglian Daily Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Anglian Daily Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

L-R Dad Christopher Hodgkinson, James and mum Angela together on holiday

A nine-year-old boy from Suffolk is preparing to fly to Rome for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity – where he will sing for the Pope.

RAF Honington - Barnham Camp.

A 62-year-old motorcyclist who died at the scene of a two vehicle collision near RAF Barnham on Thursday has been named as Peter Hancock from Sudbury.

Made in Dagenham's Daniella Bowen and cast. Photo: Mark Sepple

It’s been nearly 50 years since women workers at Ford’s Dagenham plant went on strike for equal rights, writes Wayne Savage.

Do you know this man? Police have released an e-fit image following a burglary in Braintree

Police have released an e-fit image of a man they want to speak to in connection to a burglary in Braintree.

Ipswich Crown Court

A father stabbed by his son more than 30 times during a row about a printer has asked a court for a restraining order banning all contact between them to be reinstated.

Fire Service Stock Pictures

A fire engine from Ipswich’s Princes Street station was called to extinguish a fire in a pile of rubbish this morning.

People in Earl Soham are concerned about the erosion of their village green.

It is the proud centrepiece of many an English village - but in one Suffolk community it is disappearing by the day.

Most read

Great Days Out

cover

Click here to view
the Great Days Out
supplement

View

Most commented

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Streetlife

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

MyDate24 MyPhotos24