March 10 2014 Latest news:
Sunday, December 22, 2013
Firefighters in Essex have extinguished a blaze in the ground floor toilets of a pub.
Crews from Sible Hedingham and Halstead were sent to the Bell Inn, in St James Street, Castle Hedingham, at about 5.25am today.
The fire was confined to the ground floor toilets and crews wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel to extinguish it just after 6am.
The ground floor of the pub was heavily smoke logged and crews used a high pressure fan to ventilate the area.
The fire is thought to have been started accidentally by an electrical fault.