A house in Buckshorn Lane, Eye, has severe smoke damage after a faulty extractor fan caught fire.

Eye: Crews tackle house fire in Buckshorn Lane

Monday, February 11, 2013
6.37 PM

CREWS had to break down a front door to get to a house fire which was spreading in the loft.

Appliances from four stations across Suffolk and Norfolk were alerted to the fire in Buckshorn Lane, Eye, at about 1.40pm today (Monday February 11).

Eye witnesses reported seeing flames going through the roof. Aliceia Anderton, 25, and her boyfriend Ben Reed, rushed back from shopping in Norwich to get to their home.

Miss Anderton said the fire had been started by an extraction fan in the bathroom room.

She said: “The fire has affected the main bedroom, bathroom, and all over it is smoke-logged. My cat, Mitzie, hid in the living room where it wasn’t smoke-logged. I’m more relieved that my cat is safe and ok.”

Her mum, Angela Kellett, rushed from Scole, Norfolk, when she heard about the fire.

Crews entered the property with breathing apparatus and brought the fire under control with hose reel jets by about 2.35pm.