Fire crews cut away ceiling to reach chimney blaze
PUBLISHED: 16:00 19 December 2015 | UPDATED: 16:15 19 December 2015
Firefighters had to cut away part of a ceiling to reach flames that broke out in the chimney of a Suffolk home today.
The blaze was reported just before noon at a property in The Street, Beck Row, near Mildenhall.
Crews from Brandon and Littleport had to cut away the area surrounding the fire, including a section of the ceiling, in order to extinguish the flames.
After putting out the blaze, firefighters remained at the address until 3.15pm, checking for ‘hot spots’ using a thermal imaging camera.