Fire place removed in Bures chimney fire which had to be tackled from roof
PUBLISHED: 22:24 16 January 2016 | UPDATED: 22:24 16 January 2016
Firefighters were required to work at height to extinguish a large fire in a chimney at a home in Bures this afternoon.
The crew, from Sudbury,found the chimney to be well alight when they arrived at the scene at around 4pm.
They had initially been using chimney rods in a bid to control the flames, however soon had to use a roof ladder, a nine metre ladder and working at height equipment to extinguish the fire from the roof of the property, on Assington Road, after difficulty in accessing the whole chimney stack.
Crews spent around three hours removing the fire place to gain better access to the chimney.
The fire was confirmed as being extinguished at 8pm, and the crew had returned to their base in Sudbury soon after 8.30pm.