Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 11°C

min temp: -0°C

Search

Fire place removed in Bures chimney fire which had to be tackled from roof

PUBLISHED: 22:24 16 January 2016 | UPDATED: 22:24 16 January 2016

One fire crew was called to the scene

One fire crew was called to the scene

Firefighters were required to work at height to extinguish a large fire in a chimney at a home in Bures this afternoon.

The crew, from Sudbury,found the chimney to be well alight when they arrived at the scene at around 4pm.

They had initially been using chimney rods in a bid to control the flames, however soon had to use a roof ladder, a nine metre ladder and working at height equipment to extinguish the fire from the roof of the property, on Assington Road, after difficulty in accessing the whole chimney stack.

Crews spent around three hours removing the fire place to gain better access to the chimney.

The fire was confirmed as being extinguished at 8pm, and the crew had returned to their base in Sudbury soon after 8.30pm.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Anglian Daily Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Anglian Daily Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Anglian Daily Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

The National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art at Palace House in Newmarket has been shortlisted for a prestigious national award just five months after it was opened officially by The Queen.

A large fire which broke out in a storage barn was tackled by firefighters in north-west Suffolk tonight.

A Suffolk woman has set herself the challenge of completing 30 physical feats before her 30th birthday to raise money for charity in memory of her mum.

Firefighters spent more than three hours tackling a huge hay stack fire in a field in north-east Essex.

Suffolk and Norfolk have lost a quarter of all mental health beds in four years - faster than the national average.

Suffolk Beaver Scouts in Ipswich help raise some sweet money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice using empty Smartie tubes.

An independent ambulance service used in the region has suspended offering urgent care after it was hit with a long list of issues by health inspectors, including finding bodily fluids on equipment.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24