Harwich: Anti-freeze may have poisoned three cats put to sleep by vets, police say
PUBLISHED: 19:16 23 May 2014
Three cats which had to be put down may have been poisoned by anti-freeze products, police in north-east Essex believe.
Vets were forced to put to sleep the cats, of the Empire Road area in Harwich, after they “ingested something, possibly anti-freeze”, causing them to fall ill.
Police are investigating and are urging pet owners to “keep a close eye on their pets and take them to the vets immediately should they have any concerns over their health”, a force spokesman said.
Officers are also working closely with the RSPCA.
People with information are urged to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.