Harwich: Anti-freeze may have poisoned three cats put to sleep by vets, police say

Vets were forced to put to sleep the cats, of the Empire Road area in Harwich, after they ingested something, possibly anti-freeze, causing them to fall ill. Vets were forced to put to sleep the cats, of the Empire Road area in Harwich, after they ingested something, possibly anti-freeze, causing them to fall ill.

Friday, May 23, 2014
7:16 PM

Three cats which had to be put down may have been poisoned by anti-freeze products, police in north-east Essex believe.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Vets were forced to put to sleep the cats, of the Empire Road area in Harwich, after they “ingested something, possibly anti-freeze”, causing them to fall ill.

Police are investigating and are urging pet owners to “keep a close eye on their pets and take them to the vets immediately should they have any concerns over their health”, a force spokesman said.

Officers are also working closely with the RSPCA.

People with information are urged to contact police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT