Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 14°C

min temp: 0°C

Search

Hasketon: Blaze stopped before spreading from chimney of village home

PUBLISHED: 15:50 04 January 2014 | UPDATED: 15:50 04 January 2014

Firefighters dealt with a chimney blaze in Hasketon

Firefighters dealt with a chimney blaze in Hasketon

Archant

Firefighters used specialist equipment to extinguish a blaze which started in the chimney of a Suffolk home.

A crew from Woodbridge were called at about 12.45pm after fire broke out at an address in Boulge Road, Hasketon.

Firefighters used chimney gear to extinguish the flames by 1.30pm.

0 comments

The number of people diagnosed with kidney cancer has doubled in the region in the last decade, new research has shown.

Police have thanked the public for helping in the search for a missing 15-year-old boy from Stowmarket.

A pub manager is taking on a nerve-shredding aerial challenge to fund disease support and research.

A new interpretation board has been unveiled near the site of a crucial episode in the history of Colchester.

Young people who were representing Scouting during the Saint George’s Day parades have been a “credit” to their communities.

A go-getting parish council, three popular pubs and plenty of community spirit are some of the ingredients singled out for earning Shotley the chance of being named the country’s ‘village of the year’.

Bookies are tipping the Missing People Choir which has among its membership Suffolk’s Nicki Durbin – to be named winners of this year’s Britain’s Got Talent.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24