December 10 2013 Latest news:
Friday, October 11, 2013
Firefighters were sent to a children’s centre in Haverhill this morning following reports of a strong building smell in the building.
Two fire crews from Haverhill were sent to the scene in Norton Road at about 9.40am.
Firefighters used a gas monitor which detected a high level of methane gas in the building – one person was treated by ambulance service personnel at the scene for gas inhalation.
Two sets of breathing apparatus were used by crews as they ventilated the building of gas build up, while the gas and electricity services in the building were isolated.
The area was declared safe later on in the morning and crews returned to their base by 12.20pm.