June 19 2013 Latest news:
Thursday, January 24, 2013
FIRE crews were called to a chimney fire at a house in Hepworth at 6.32pm this evening.
One crew from Ixworth attended the scene of the blaze in Church Lane, Hepworth, arriving at 6.48pm.
Crews used small gear, a nine metre ladder, a hose reel and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
Crews were back at base by 7.54pm.
Suffolk Fire advises anyone using a traditional open fire or woodburner to make sure their chimney is swept at least once a year to prevent accidents from happening.
People are also advised to keep a guard in front of a burning fire and always extinguish fires before going to bed or leaving the house.