Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 14°C

min temp: 9°C

Search

Holbrook: Man released without charge after threatening to harm himself and his family last night

PUBLISHED: 18:39 20 January 2014 | UPDATED: 22:04 20 January 2014

Police helicopter

Police helicopter

Archant

A man has been released without charge after threatening to harm his family in Holbrook last night.

The man was arrested just before 10pm last night after police received reports that he was threatening to harm his family.

Police were called to an address in the village to deal with the incident but the 25-year-old then left the property and threatened to harm himself.

A police statement said: “Police were called to an address in Holbrook at around 9.50pm last night, Sunday, January 19 with a report that a man was threatening to harm members of his family.

“The man then left the house and was threatening to self-harm.

“The police units and the helicopter were deployed and the man, a 25 year old was located in woodland and arrested on suspicion of affray.”

Police tonight confirmed the man had been released without charge.

0 comments

A 333 mile journey home for the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation finished on Saturday when the Hike4Hopey charity walkers arrived at St James’ Park, Newcastle.

Several people were stuck for reportedly more than an hour on a ride at the Cymbeline Meadow fair, Colchester.

Family of a Suffolk man who died from a brain tumour have attended a ceremony to open a Quiet Room in his memory at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.

A spring cleaning campaign across west Suffolk has seen volunteers litter pick and remove more than 460 bags of waste from public open spaces.

Seven suspected Ukrainian illegal immigrants have been arrested after their yacht ran aground on the Suffolk coast today.

Firefighters tackled a “needless” blaze at the former Manganese Bronze plant in Ipswich on Sunday night.

The fire in the top floor of the two-storey derelict building, behind houses on Hadleigh Road, was caused by trespassers.
 The fire was reported at around 5.30pm on April 30 and six crews, including an aerial appliance, were expected to battle the blaze for several hours last night.
 Station Commander Jon Southgate, of Princes Street station, said the fire was caused by someone deliberately or accidentally setting the fire.
 “There are numerous discarded needles around the site and from experience we know there will be needles inside as well,” he said. “We will not be entering the building because I want to ensure the safety of our firefighters. 
 “It is a shame that we are now going to have four crews fighting a completely needless and preventable fire.”

It may have been a forgettable season finish for Blues fans at Portman Road on Saturday – but one moment of magic should cheer even the most desolate of supporters.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24