Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 10°C

min temp: 5°C

ESTD 1874 Search

Ipswich: Daycare staff prepare to open new centre doors

10:00 30 August 2014

Mark Heasman, Ormiston Families cheif executive (far left), with Sarah Brown, nursery manager (second from right) and Ormitots staff.
A new daycare nursery is set to open on September 1 in Felixstowe Road, Ipswich.

Mark Heasman, Ormiston Families cheif executive (far left), with Sarah Brown, nursery manager (second from right) and Ormitots staff. A new daycare nursery is set to open on September 1 in Felixstowe Road, Ipswich.

Archant

A new daycare nursery is set to open just five months after the closure of a children’s centre on the same site in Ipswich.

shares

Ormiston Families will start welcoming local children and families to Ormitots Daycare in Felixstowe Road from Monday.

It follows the closure of Ormiston Children and Families Trust’s children’s centre earlier this year.

Ipswich Borough Council had proposed to adopt the site as an area for potential housing, but the charity stated its intent to run a nursery once children’s activities ceased there in April.

Since then, Ormiston Families has converted the building for use as a nursery and recruited a new team of qualified staff members.

Chief executive Mark Heasman said: “The creation of the Ormitots Nursery is down to the dedication and hard work of Ormiston Families staff, and the support and enthusiasm of local parents who gave us the confidence to keep going.”

Places are still available at the nursery – open from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday for children up to five, with some funded places available for children aged two to five.

Learn more at ormiston.org/ormitots or on 01473 724549.

A launch event will be held on Thursday, September 25.

shares

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Anglian Daily Times visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Anglian Daily Times staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Anglian Daily Times account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Police are searching for 15-year-old Niamh McGovern, who has gone missing from Braintree (pictured)

Police say they are concerned for the welfare of a 15-year-old girl who has gone missing from Braintree.

Police close road (file picture)

Saddlemakers Lane in Melton is currently closed while BT repair fallen telephone lines.

Maj Bruce Ekman, 36, of Colchester-based 16 Air Assault Brigade, who suffered serious injuries when his vehicle hit an IED in Afghanistan in 2011, is taking part in the Invictus Games process for a second time. Photo: Cpl James McAllister

A soldier whose left foot was shattered by an explosive in Afghanistan is in the running for a place on the UK team at the next Invictus Games.

Mouth cancer survivor Sam Fordham with husband Neil and five-year-old daughter Molly

A woman who beat mouth cancer has said it is vital people who think they have symptoms of any form of the disease gets them checked out early.

An Abellio Greater Anglia train

There are delays of up to 20 minutes for rail users travelling between Ipswich and Cambridge due to a signalling fault.

Pupils at Farlingaye High, Woodbridge, prepare their presentations as part of the Most Able Student Day at the school.

Gifted pupils gathered for the latest in a series of events aimed at helping them realise their early academic promise.

Rail passengers will be bussed to Newbury Park Tube station.

A 100-strong fleet of buses was rolling into action today to keep passengers moving between East Anglia and London as the first weekend rail line closure takes effect.

Most read

Fred Olsen Travel Sale

cover

Click here to view
the Fred Olsen
Travel Sale

View

Most commented

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Topic pages

Streetlife

Great British Life

Great British Life
MyDate24 MyPhotos24