Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 20°C

min temp: 13°C

Search

John Clarke, 75, found after being reported missing from his Suffolk home

PUBLISHED: 15:10 13 August 2017 | UPDATED: 17:52 13 August 2017

John Clarke was last seen in Wattisfield at around 9:30am on Sunday August 13 and has not been seen since. Picture: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY

John Clarke was last seen in Wattisfield at around 9:30am on Sunday August 13 and has not been seen since. Picture: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY

Archant

A 75-year-old man reported missing from his north Suffolk home has been found safe and well in Norfolk after a police search was launched earlier on Sunday.

John Clarke had been last seen leaving his home in Bobby Hill, Wattisfield, near Diss, at around 9.30am on Sunday morning.

Police issued a statement saying he had been found safe and well at about 5.30pm on Sunday afternoon.

Police had said he left the house on foot heading in the direction of the A143 and Wattisfield village but no one had seen him for some time after that – prompting the appeal for information from the police.

A spokesman for the police said that Mr Clarke had been found by a police officer in Norfolk and he was apparently safe and well.

They thanked the public for their help in keeping an eye out for Mr Clarke after their earlier appeal for information about his whereabouts.

Another phase of archaeological and geological tests starts on Ipswich’s Cornhill on Monday in preparation for the redevelopment of the town’s central square next year.

A 23-year-old woman from Ipswich got an insight into sports therapy at an elite level with a placement at a top basketball club in Spain.

A teacher who was caught in control of a vehicle in Witham while allegedly more than four times over the drink-drive limit has been charged.

A lorry driver failed to stop after it was involved in a collision with a car in Suffolk.

At least 13 people have died and more than 100 have been injured after a van ploughed into pedestrians in a terror attack in a busy tourist area of Barcelona.

A home in Bury St Edmunds has been targeted by criminals for the second time in less than three weeks.

An Ipswich man accused of sexually assaulting two schoolgirls has denied having a sexual interest in under-age girls.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24