Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 19°C

min temp: 13°C

Search

Lowestoft: Four taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning following leak in Wharfedale

PUBLISHED: 07:02 04 March 2014 | UPDATED: 07:14 04 March 2014

Firefighters attended a carbon monoxide leak in Lowestoft.

Firefighters attended a carbon monoxide leak in Lowestoft.

Archant

Four people have been taken to hospital following a carbon monoxide leak in Lowestoft.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue received reports of the leak at a property in Wharfedale shortly before 2am.

Two crews from the town arrived to find four people suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters isolated the gas supply and ventilated the property, returning to base by 2.30am.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Minor injury units in north Essex could take ambulance patients under new plans from health chiefs.

Police have made an arrest after the victim of an assault required hospital treatment for their injuries.

A primary school in Ipswich has failed to improve its Ofsted rating despite converting to an academy, it has been revealed.

Dementia-friendly care homes, forward-thinking mental health services and a café for people with disabilities are among those through to the final of the 2017 Suffolk Care Awards.

Imagine a music festival featuring Queen, Oasis, and The Jam in the heart of Ipswich’s Christchurch Park.

Pupils at Farlingaye High School in Woodbridge saw in the holidays with a ‘festival-like’ acoustic evening.

Screen Suffolk bosses have said they are encouraged by the amount of interest shown in youngsters for a career in TV and film.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24