Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 17°C

min temp: 10°C

Search

Lowestoft: Resident taken to hospital after gas leak

PUBLISHED: 13:13 23 January 2013 | UPDATED: 13:13 23 January 2013

Archant

A GAS leak from a cooker led to one resident being taken to hospital in Lowestoft.

Fire crews were called to reports of a gas leak at a house in Southwell Road, Lowestoft at 12.14pm.

Crews arrived on the scene at 12.19pm to find the gas leak was from a cooker. Firefighters isolated the leak and ventilated the house.

The resident of the property was taken to hospital by ambulance suffering with the effects of gas inhalation.

0 comments

Concerns are growing for the welfare of a missing Suffolk man – who has not been seen for five days.

A smoke alarm helped save lives during a blaze at a home in Ipswich this evening.

Only one potential witness seen on CCTV in Bury St Edmunds on the night Corrie McKeague disappeared remains unidentified.

A horse had to be sedated for rescue after falling into a private swimming pool in north Essex.

A community school art project has helped break down the “invisible barrier” between the Whitehouse and Whitton wards in Ipswich, a former mayor has claimed.

We meet up with the experts leading the £1.2m conservation and improvement work at Framlingham Castle.

A young soldier was more than twice over the legal alcohol limit when the car he was driving crossed onto the wrong side of the A120 and crashed head-on into a lorry, an inquest has heard.

Most read

Great Days Out

cover

Click here to view
the Great Days Out
supplement

View

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View
HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24