Maldon pair arrested in Suffolk police investigation into string of ram raids
PUBLISHED: 17:05 14 February 2018 | UPDATED: 17:20 14 February 2018
Police in Suffolk have arrested a pair from Essex in connection with five ram raids at convenience shops.
A 29-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman, both from the Maldon area of Essex, were arrested on suspicion of burglary yesterday, in connection with five recent ram raids.
The five they were arrested in connection with were:
• The Co-op in The Street, Rickinghall, on December 5
• The Co-op in The Drift, Great Cornard, on December 6
• The Co-op Village Shop in High Street, Lavenham on December 21
• McColl’s in High Road, Trimley St Martin, on January 8
• The Co-operative Food store in High Street, Lavenham, on January 9
The pair were questioned and have since been released under investigation while the police investigation continues.
Anyone who has any information over any of the incidents should call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.