May 27 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
POLICE have confirmed they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the double death near Great Yarmouth yesterday.
Detectives are today investigating the double death after the bodies of a man and a woman were discovered yesterday lunchtime when officers forced their way into a detached bungalow at Upper Grange Crescent.
Officers were called after concerns were raised about the safety of the occupants.
The couple have been described on Facebook as being in their mid to late seventies who were a “lovely couple.”
Last night Norfolk police said they were treating the two deaths in Caister-on-Sea as unexplained and the house was sealed off to allow police officers to carry on with their investigations. A police car was parked outside the bungalow, which is about a mile from the sea, and officers were expected to remain at the scene throughout the night.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: “Police were called to the property on Upper Grange Crescent at lunchtime yesterday following concerns for the safety of the occupants.
“After officers forced entry, a man and a woman were found deceased inside. The deaths are being treated as unexplained and the house has been sealed off whilst officers investigate the circumstances of the deaths.”
Brandon Lewis, MP for Great Yarmouth constituency, which includes Caister, said he had been shocked by last night’s events.
The MP, a minister in Eric Pickles’ Department of Communities and Local Government, said: This sounds like a terrible tragedy and my first thoughts are with the families of the deceased. I shall be keeping informed of events through the night.”
A fire crew from Great Yarmouth was also called to Upper Grange Crescent just after 12.30pm yesterday to assist police.
A post mortem examination on the man and woman is due to take place today.