Rougham: Crews extinguish chimney fire at thatched property
PUBLISHED: 17:35 19 January 2014 | UPDATED: 17:35 19 January 2014
Firefighters discovered a blaze in a thatched home after someone spotted smoke.
Crews from Bury St Edmunds, Ixworth and Elmswell were called to a report of smoke from within the property in Nether Street, Rougham, at about 3.42pm.
The first crew to arrive began investigating with a thermal image camera which brought to light a fire in the chimney of the property.
The blaze was brought under control at 4.46pm.