Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 20°C

min temp: 13°C

Search

Security alarms stolen from lorry by A14 while driver slept

PUBLISHED: 10:33 21 November 2016 | UPDATED: 10:47 21 November 2016

A14

A14

Two pallet-loads of security alarms have been stolen from a truck parked by the A14 while the driver was asleep.

The driver of the lorry woke up at around 4am to carry out checks having parked up at the side of the dual carriageway.

Police said when he looked at the side of the vehicle the curtain had been slashed so that the offenders could see what was inside.

He then discovered the rear doors had been opened and two pallets of alarm systems had been taken.

The foreign-registered lorry had been parked up near Cambridge among other vehicles.

Police said the theft occurred between 8pm on Wednesday November 9 and around 4.10pm the following day.

Anyone with information about the theft or anyone offered to buy burglar alarms is asked to call Cambridge police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

1 comment

  • I fell very sorry for the driver. Its bad enough with the lack of truck stops in the UK let alone thieves targeting vehicles.

    Report this comment

    Boyce

    Monday, November 21, 2016

The views expressed in the above comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this site

Two identical twin sisters from Stowmarket with identical passions for both painting and Britain’s Got Talent have told of their “surreal” experience during the auditions.

The family of an 18-year-old Suffolk woman who died in a crash on the A47 have said the teenager was sectioned in hospital the night before she died.

One lane of the A14 is closed in Suffolk after a crash involving two cars and the central reservation this morning.

The lane closure affecting the A14 in west Suffolk has reopened following a collision between a car and lorry.

A “massive dumper truck” has broken down causing delays in west Suffolk.

With two weeks to go before the country turns out to vote in the general election, campaigning is restarting after the Manchester atrocity.

A 24-year-old man who carried out a late night violent attack on a man in Bury St Edmunds has been jailed for five and a half years.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View

Most commented

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24