December 13 2013 Latest news:
Monday, October 14, 2013
Two men have been injured after a fire broke out in the kitchen of the Holiday Inn Express, Stansted.
Three fire crews, two from Dunmow and one from Stansted, were called to the scene at 8.56pm to extinguish the kitchen fire.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to tackle the fire in the kitchens of the hotel on Thremhall Avenue. Once the fire was out, they used a high pressure fan to clear the area of smoke.
The fire was contained to the kitchen and was extinguished by 9,18pm.
Ambulance Service paramedics were called to treat the two male casualties.