Overcast

Overcast

max temp: 23°C

min temp: 14°C

Search

Suffolk: Passenger satisfaction levels increase but Greater Anglia still among country’s worst rail companies

PUBLISHED: 10:41 29 January 2013 | UPDATED: 11:39 29 January 2013

Satisfaction levels in Greater Anglia has risen by 10% in less than a year.

Satisfaction levels in Greater Anglia has risen by 10% in less than a year.

Archant

RAIL passengers in East Anglia have dramatically increased their confidence in the service provided by Greater Anglia, according to new figures released by the official rail watchdog.

Passenger Focus published its official National Passenger Survey (NPS) which revealed that 83% of travellers in the Greater Anglia region were satisfied with the rail service in the final months of last year.

In stark contrast, travellers were the least satisfied in the country in March 2012 when satisfaction levels fell to 73%.

But today’s findings shows Greater Anglia is the most improved service in terms of overall satisfaction since then, with a 10% increase more than double the improvement of any other train company in the last 10 months.

Only 4% of the 2,120 people surveyed between the start of September and the middle of November in 2012 said they were either dissatisfied with the service or labelled it poor.

However, only 37% of passengers said they were getting value for money – the joint-worst in the country – with 42% claiming it was poor or unsatisfactory.

And despite the improvement in customer service levels, Greater Anglia still ranks as the joint fourth-worst service out of the 23 national rail companies compiled, with 85% the national average.

Passenger Focus chief executive, Anthony Smith, said: “Passengers are saying the quality of rail services is improving.

“The combination of increased income from fares, government investment and a clearer focus on performance and dealing with disruption is beginning to pay off.”

What do you think? Are you satisfied with Greater Anglia’s performance? Let me know your thoughts by emailing me at matthew.stott@archant.co.uk

4 comments

  • GAs performance may be better than NXEA, but then they were appalling. It shouldnt detract from the fact that we are paying just about more than anyone else in the country for our rail travel. Why arent our MPs doing something about that (ah yes they're letting the chauffeur driven car take tha strain).

    Report this comment

    trevorwoolnough

    Tuesday, January 29, 2013

  • Don't you just love the trail of toilet paper "etc" that is shown in the photograph...

    Satisfaction levels in Greater Anglia has risen by 10% in less than a year.

    Report this comment

    John Alborough

    Tuesday, January 29, 2013

  • Glad I am one of the 17% the other 83% must have been drunk or deluded

    Report this comment

    NOEXCUSE

    Tuesday, January 29, 2013

  • government investment what government investment we have not had any on the east coast mainline. To be fair to Greater Anglia they are a great improvement on their predecessors, however good they are their static’s will never be good as they have to deal with old rolling stock, and ancient infrastructure that are continually breaking down.

    Report this comment

    A Smith

    Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The views expressed in the above comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this site

The region’s mental health trust is spending so much money on sending patients to beds elsewhere that those controlling the local NHS purse strings have stepped in.

What started as a small dispute over a garden wall has boiled over, with police called and a Suffolk councillor resigning.

Armed soldiers are at Sizewell nuclear power stations in Suffolk as part of the security response to Monday’s terrorist bombing in Manchester.

The family of missing Essex man Chris May are making a renewed appeal for information two years after he disappeared.

Failures in design, competency and the following of proper procedures led to four Suffolk workers being crushed to death when a reinforced metal cage collapsed on them, the Old Bailey heard today.

The long-running campaign for a major bypass in east Suffolk has been boosted by welcome reports of a substantial financial offer.

Growers are being advised to be on high alert for Bruchid beetle infestations in their winter bean crops as temperatures soar this weekend.

Most read

Eating Out in the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Eating Out
supplement

View

Visit the Broads

cover

Click here to view
the Visit the Broads
supplement

View

Most commented

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter
MyDate24 MyPhotos24