Suffolk: Chimney fires keep crews busy
09:57 25 May 2013
Fire crews were called to three chimney fires.
It appears the chilly termperatures have led to people lighting fires indoors again to keep warm.
At just before 6pm last night a crew from Hadleigh attended a chimney alight at Crowcroft Road, Nedging Tye. The fire was out by just before 7pm.
Then at 7.45pm, the crew at Saxmundham attended a property in Park Avenue, Saxmundham, where a woodburner flue was well alight.The situation was under control by 8.18pm and the firefighters left the scene by 8.30pm.
The third incident happend at Stradbroke Road, Brundish, at 10.13pm, where a woodburner was also found alight.
The crew used chimney rods to help extinguish the fire and the incident was under control by 10.39pm.