Unattended candle causes bungalow fire in Jaywick
PUBLISHED: 22:35 12 February 2016 | UPDATED: 08:19 13 February 2016
Firefighters in Essex were called to a bungalow fire in Jaywick caused by an unattended candle on Friday night.
Two fire engines attended the blaze in Lavendar Walk at around 6.30pm. The fire was put out by 6.55pm.
A fire brigade spokesman said: “A thermal image camera was used to check for hot spots inside the bungalow, which measured 10 metres by five metres.
“Firefighters’ quick actions meant the fire was contained to one bedroom.”
There were no reported injuries.