A 66-YEAR-OLD man has suffered smoke inhalation after a house fire last night.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire crews from Wickhambrook and Bury St Edmunds were called to Ashfield Green, Wickhambrook, at about 7.45pm. At 8pm two more appliances from Haverhill and one from Ixworth, as well as a command unit, were needed as the house was ‘well alight’.

A fire service spokeswoman said: “We have got one person with smoke inhalation– an elderly gentleman.

“An ambulance has been called for and he already has a medical condition.”

Crews used hose reels, jets and wore breathing apparatus at the two-storey detached house.

At about 8.20pm crews were said to be making good progress after a fire break was made in the roof.

The spokeswoman said the fire was under control by 10.15pm.

A chimney fire in Birds Green, Rattlesden, near Stowmarket, was extinguished this evening.

An appliance from Stowmarket was called at about 7.20pm and used small gear and chimney rods to get the fire under control.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT