Update: Crews extinguish kitchen fire in Clacton

Saturday, March 29, 2014
11:27 AM

Crews have extinguished a fire in a kitchen at a home in Clacton.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Firefighters tackled the fire in the kitchen of a detached bungalow in Camellia Avenue after being called at around 6.45am.

On arrival the incident commander reported that the kitchen was heavily smoke logged. An ambulance was called for a 27 year-old woman suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.

Wearing breathing apparatus and using one hose reel jet, crews had extinguished the fire by just after 7am.

An ambulance spokesman said: “The woman was assessed for smoke inhalation but left at the scene in the care of family.”

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT