Updated: Fire crews deal with incidents at Thurston Community College and Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft
PUBLISHED: 14:00 30 November 2012 | UPDATED: 14:53 30 November 2012
FIRE crews were scrambled to reports of a burning smell in kitchens at Thurston Community College.
Fire engines from Ixworth and Bury were scrambled around 11.15am.
Crews found the smell was coming from a faulty water heater and, working with an electrical engineer, made the scene safe.
A similar incident happened around the same time at Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft.
Two engines were dispatched to the school amid reports of burning.
Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.