FIRE crews were scrambled to reports of a burning smell in kitchens at Thurston Community College.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Fire engines from Ixworth and Bury were scrambled around 11.15am.

Crews found the smell was coming from a faulty water heater and, working with an electrical engineer, made the scene safe.

A similar incident happened around the same time at Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft.

Two engines were dispatched to the school amid reports of burning.

Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

loading...

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT