Fire crews investigate a possible fire at Thurston Community College

Updated: Fire crews deal with incidents at Thurston Community College and Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft

Friday, November 30, 2012
2.00 PM

FIRE crews were scrambled to reports of a burning smell in kitchens at Thurston Community College.

Fire engines from Ixworth and Bury were scrambled around 11.15am.

Crews found the smell was coming from a faulty water heater and, working with an electrical engineer, made the scene safe.

A similar incident happened around the same time at Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft.

Two engines were dispatched to the school amid reports of burning.

Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.