December 4 2013 Latest news:
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Fire crews have been called to a fire at a public house in Wivenhoe.
One crew from Wivenhoe and two from Colchester were called to the Greyhound Public House in High Street, Wivenhoe.
Crews reported a tumble dryer was on fire which was located on the first floor of the three storey property. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used two hose reels to extinguish the fire.
A 30 year old man suffered from smoke inhalation and an ambulance was requested to the incident.
After the fire was extinguished crews used a thermal image camera to check for any remaining hotspots.