Ben Pringle set to sign, but Lloyd Dyer deal is off
11:04 10 February 2016
Ipswich Town are set to announce the loan signing of Ben Pringle, from Championship rivals Fulham, on a 93-day emergency loan.
– Started career at non-league clubs Newcastle Blue Star, Morpeth Town and Ilkeston Town
– Moved to Derby in 2009. Captained their reserves and made 20 appearances over two seasons
– Joined Rotherham as a free agent in 2011 and played a key role in their promotion from League One in 2012/13
– Helped the Millers stay up last season, turned down a January move to Millwall, then moved on a Bosman deal to Fulham last summer
– Has been restricted to 15 starts and three sub appearances this season
The Blues were interested in signing the left-wing set-piece specialist when his contract at Rotherham expired last summer, but the 26-year-old moved to Craven Cottage where he has made just 12 league starts – the last of which came on December 5.
Pringle will help fill a void in the squad left following Tommy Oar’s departure and Ryan Fraser’s injury – the latter is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering a nasty-looking hamstring tear in last weekend’s 1-0 loss at QPR. The results of his Monday scan are likely to be revealed at Mick McCarthy’s press conference tomorrow afternoon.
Meanwhile, the EADT and Ipswich Star understands that Lloyd Dyer will not be signing for Town. The 33-year-old left-winger had his Watford contract terminated by mutual consent last week but talks have not been successful.