Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 13°C

min temp: 6°C

Search

Gordon Jones

A fostering and adoption service has confirmed it will be sponsoring one of the Elmer sculptures set to parade around Ipswich next year.

A fresh drive to boost attainment in Suffolk schools has been announced by education chiefs – but mystery surrounds what it will involve.

Parents of vulnerable children with complex needs have raised safeguarding fears about a Suffolk special school after pupils returned home with unexplained injuries – some requiring hospital attention.

An Ipswich special school rated ‘inadequate’ by inspectors six months ago has been told its safeguarding is still not effective.

A rise in schools rated ‘inadequate’ or ‘requires improvement’ is not down to poor funding or strategy, council chiefs have said.

A 20% fall in the number of people starting an apprenticeship in Suffolk has sparked a “real cause of alarm” for business leaders.

Fresh concerns have been raised over the quality of Suffolk schools as the latest data has revealed soaring numbers are being judged ‘inadequate’ or ‘requires improvement’ by Ofsted.

Social care chiefs in Suffolk have said that “staff restructures” are behind a £2.2million spend on agency social workers last year.

Parents and carers can now apply for primary and secondary school places for September 2019.

Suffolk County Council is to look at ways of increasing the number of places for children with special education needs at a meeting in January.

Education chiefs have warned that Suffolk will need three or four new special schools in the next two years to cope with soaring demand for special education needs, as fresh data reveals the need for hundreds of spaces.

The 2018 A-level results day is coming to an end and Suffolk have once again produced some incredible results.

Young people leaving residential care in Suffolk will now be able to stay closer to their children’s homes under a new government pilot scheme.

Exclusions dished out by schools in Suffolk have leapt up in recent years – and union bosses claim this is mostly down to academisation.

Schools in Suffolk held lessons about the perils of knife crime last week in an attempt to ensure students stay safe during the six week summber holiday.

Changes to free school transport in Suffolk will go ahead from September 2019 as planned after a review panel upheld the decision this morning.

The decision to make cost-saving cuts in home to school transport looks set to be upheld by a review group next week, according to the latest report.

Parents and carers of children with complex educational needs are being invited to have their say on the future of specialist schools in Suffolk.

The decision to make divisive cuts on home to school transport in Suffolk has been put on hold for further scrutiny, after a call-in of the plan was upheld.

Westminster’s education secretary has voiced his commitment to work with Suffolk over a host of issues after a top level meeting on Monday, according to county bosses.

Plans to cut back on free school transport in Suffolk which were given the go-ahead on Tuesday have been formally challenged by opposition parties.

A stakeholder group will be formed to assess the progress of new school transport proposals in Suffolk, it has been confirmed.

Divisive plans to make cuts on free school transport in Suffolk have been given the go-ahead – but proposals for the decision to be reassessed have already been voiced.

A school which claims it will lose hundreds of pupils if contentious plans for school transport cuts go ahead has made a final plea for councillors to “listen to the people of Suffolk”.

National and regional education bosses will join up with Suffolk County Council to form an action plan improving under-performing academies, it has been revealed.

A meeting with top level education bosses over concerns in performance at some Suffolk multi-academy trusts has been set for next week, it has emerged.

A controversial consultation on Suffolk school transport cuts is claimed to have attracted more responses than any other in recent history – with results due to be announced this month.

A bid for £4million funding has been lodged by Suffolk leaders as part of plans to create a dedicated scheme to help disabled adults into work.

Almost half of Suffolk’s schools rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted have not been inspected in the last six years – and six were last visited more than a decade ago.

Plans are underway to create a new youth employment scheme to replace the MyGo centre, it has been revealed – but district and borough councils look likely to be fronting half the cash.

Most read

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

MyDate24 MyPhotos24