A team of left-wingers from 1919
WELCOME back to another Green'Un Gold and to a very old photograph sent in by Alasdair Ross.Alasdair has dug up this wonderful old picture of Labour Athletic FC which is more than 85 years old.
WELCOME back to another Green'Un Gold and to a very old photograph sent in by Alasdair Ross.
Alasdair has dug up this wonderful old picture of Labour Athletic FC which is more than 85 years old.
Alasdair, who is “a football fan and Labour Councillor”, said: “Labour Athletic played in the B Section of the Second Division of the Ipswich and District Football League.
You may also want to watch:
“This is from the 1919/20 season, the first after the 1st World War and some of their opponents included Great Eastern Railway, Manningtree United, Old Nactonians Reserves and Zoar Athletic!”
And just to round off his story with a bit of politics - “The Westgate Liberal Club also had a team, but like in local politics they always finished behind Labour,” Alasdair added.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 6 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 9 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 10 A134 closed after serious accident in Colchester
Nice one Alasdair and a big thanks for sending this picture in to me: firstname.lastname@example.org.