AC Milan close in on Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko
Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko could be set for a shock exit from the Etihad, with AC Milan favourites for his signature.
This is according to the Daily Mirror, who report that the Italian club are “70% likely” to sign the 25-year-old as a replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who left them to join PSG earlier this week.
Brendan Rodgers is interested in raiding his old club Swansea City to sign Team GB’s Joe Allen, although Liverpool will have to bid around �16million to lure him to Anfield (Daily Mail).
Chelsea have told Florent Malouda that he can leave club as part of a major clear-out (Daily Star). The Frenchman is one of several high profile players set for the exit, with Yossi Benayoun and Gael Kakuta also going to be sold (The Sun).
Roberto Di Matteo is looking to bolster his squad with the signing of Blackburn Rovers midfielder Steven Nzonzi in a �10million deal, with Arsenal also keeping tabs on the 23-year-old (Daily Mail).
You may also want to watch:
Another player being monitored by the Gunners is Barcelona’s Dutch midfielder Ibrahim Afellay, who has been told he won’t have a major role at the club next season (TalkSport).
Meanwhile, Manchester United have become the new favourites to sign Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie (Daily Star). The Dutchman has also been linked to United’s local rivals City and Serie A champions Juventus in recent weeks.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 4 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision
- 8 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 9 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
Reports also suggested United are interested in Borussia Dortmond’s striker Robert Lewandowski, after the Polish international revealed his interest in playing in the Premier League (TalkSport).
Elsewhere, Blackpool’s Matt Phillips is reportedly wanted by North-west clubs Everton and Wigan, although Sunderland are favourites to sign the 21-year-old (Daily Star).
Another Championship player linked with a move to the top-flight is ex-ITFC striker Jordan Rhodes who is reported as a Fulham target, although Martin Jol’s main attacking interest is in Evian’s Yannick Sagbo (Daily Mail).