Arsenal’s Van Persie Manchester City bound?
Robin Van Persie will ignore offers from Serie A champions Juventus to join Manchester City this summer.
This is suggested by the Daily Star, who report that the striker, who has 12 months left on his contract at the Emirates, will move to the Premier League champions with wages of �250,000 a week. Van Persie’s exit has yet to be finalised though, with the Times reporting that Arsenal will force him to see out the last year of his contract at the club.
The Daily Star are also reporting that Real Madrid are set to make a �20million bid for Manchester City defender Micah Richards, with Jose Mourinho a big fan of the Team GB member.
Another City defender linked with an exit from the Etihad is Kolo Toure, although the Mirror report that his excessive wage demands are putting a move to Saudi Arabian club Al Hilal in doubt.
Elsewhere, Porto striker Hulk is the latest forward to be linked with a move to Chelsea, although according to the Daily Mail, they face competition from their former manager Andre Villas Boas, who wants to sign the Brazilian at Tottenham.
You may also want to watch:
Chelsea are closing in on Brazilian midfielder Oscar, as the 20-year-old is set to move to Stamford Bridge from Internacional for �25million after the Olympics (The Guardian). Meanwhile, Chelsea’s pursuit of Victor Moses continues, as they have had a third bid for Wigan Athletic’s winger turned down (The Sun).
Other transfer rumours include USA international Clint Dempsey closing in on a �10million move from Fulham to Liverpool (Daily Mail) and Lokamotiv Moscow making an �8million bid for Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who spent last year on loan at Tottenham (Daily Telegraph).
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 8 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
In the Championship, former World Cup winners Filippo Inzaghi, 38, and Alessandro Del Piero, 37, are wanted by Watford’s new manager Gianfranco Zola, who has the support of the clubs new Italian owners (Daily Mirror). The club are also searching for a new goalkeeper following Scott Loach’s impending move to Ipswich, with Carlo Cudicini and Manuel Almunia lined up as potential replacements (Sky Sports).
Elsewhere, former ITFC defender Alex Bruce is set to join his Dad’s side Hull City, after he was released from Leeds United at the end of last season (The Sun).