Bougherra fit for World Cup
ALGERIA defender Madjid Bougherra has declared himself fit for his country’s World Cup campaign.
The Rangers defender missed the end of the Scottish Premier League season through a calf injury but took part in Algeria’s training session on Thursday ahead of their friendly with the Republic of Ireland.
Bougherra will sit out the friendly but is hoping to return for Algeria’s final warm-up game against UAE.
“I am fine now and there will be no problem for the World Cup,” he told the Scottish Sun. “I won’t play against Ireland but I will play next week and everything is good with the injury.
“There’s no danger of me missing our opening game against Slovenia.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve had problems with the calf injury but everything is good now. I didn’t do a full session tonight but I will train with the boys for the first time on Monday.
“They’re being careful with me but I’ll play in Germany next Friday.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 8 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
Algeria will face England in their second Group C match in South Africa.