Braintree boss set to make changes after 5-1 defeat
BRAINTREE TOWN manager Alan Devonshire lambasted his shaky side as the Iron crashed to a heavy 5-1 defeat at home to Wrexham in Blue Square Bet Premier.
Two goals from Danny Wright and strikes from Brett Ormerod, Nick Rushton and Nick Cieslewicz saw the Welsh team stroll to victory, aided by some horrendous defending from Town.
Kaine Sheppard did grab a goal back for Braintree when the score was 2-0 but that was the only bright note on a dark night for the part-timers.
After the game, manager Devonshire said: “To be fair, that’s the first time we have been turned over in this league and we gifted them at least three of the goals.
“We were naive again and made basic errors and it hurts, this defeat really hurts.”
You may also want to watch:
Iron are at home to Havant & Waterlooville in the FA Trophy on Saturday and Devonshire warned he was ready to make some personnel changes ahead of the game.
“The loan deadline is Thursday and I will be looking to bring some players in maybe shift some out too as there are probably a few people here that are living off their successes of 18 months ago.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw